With this basic recipe for Cream of Tomato Soup, you can add other ingredients and spices to make it what you want it to be. I tend to use this in place of my kids favourite brand of Tomato Soup, and they can’t seem to tell the difference.
Replace the cream with additional milk if you want to keep the calorie content down a little.
- 500ml Tomato Passata
- 400g Tin Plum Tomatoes or Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Chicken or Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 100ml Double Cream
- Top up to your minimum level with semi skimmed milk.
- Add all the ingredients into your soup maker.
- This soup is made by using the smooth setting. If it isn't smooth enough for your taste, simply choose the smoothie setting on your soup maker if you have one, or use a stick blender to smooth it even more.
- Serve Immediately. If you plan having some later, chill as quickly as possible and put into the fridge for later.