What do you do when the weather is just slightly warmer than the depths of the cold winter we’ve just left? If you’re me, you give a lighter soup a try, but by lighter, I don’t mean any less filling or substantial, I simply mean restricting the choice of vegetables used.
I’ve just written this recipe for carrot and apple soup as I’m tempted by the mixture of garlic, nutmeg and apple with the carrots. I have yet to make it, but it’s one that will go on the agenda very soon.
- 500g Carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces.
- 100g Onion, diced.
- 200g Apple, peeled, cored and diced.
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed.
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg (Optional)
- Half Teaspoon Cinnamon (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 800ml Vegetable Stock or to the maximum level on your soup maker
- Saute the garlic and onions with the olive oil, adding in the nutmeg, until the onions are soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the soup maker.
- Choose the smooth function.