Despite not being a top fan of celery on its own, I do like a piece of the stalk, or the celeriac in soups. We had a hungry house so none left for a snap, but the soup did turn out more brown in shade than I’d expected, given the light colour of the celeriac. Perhaps that’s the combination with the orange in the carrots, but the taste was just lovely.
I added some milk once the cycle was finished before pouring, to give it more of a creamy effect which the kids appreciated.
- 500 g Chopped and Diced Celeriac
- 150 g Finely Chopped Onions
- 150 g Chopped Carrots
- 1 Garlic Clove Chopped or Crushed
- 2 Beef Stock Pots or stock cubes
- 800 ml Boiling Water
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Lightly saute the onions and chopped garlic clove in some olive oil.
- Add all the ingredients into your soup maker and mix well.
- Choose the smooth setting.