Cream of Aubergine and Butter Bean Soup (Egg Plants) 1.6 Litre
Author: Lesley Smith
Serves: 4 - 6 Bowls
- 500g Aubergine (Egg Plant) (Cut into smallish cubes)
- 200g Butter Beans
- 1 Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 Herb Flavour Pot
- 150ml Fresh Cream (Single or Double)
- 700ml Boiling Water (Approximately) (or up to your maximum fill level - it could be less than this due to springiness of the Aubergine)
- As simple as it can be. Just add all the ingredients to the pot, choose your setting and put your feet up for around 20 - 30 minutes..
- Be careful with liquid here. You can only fill your maker to its maximum fill lever, which could be less than the ingredients in my recipe needed. Check your appliance. Aubergine soaks up liquid like a sponge, so you need to be extra careful.
- For this version, I first selected the chunky option, to ensure there was no explosion if the Aubergine swelled up when boiled. Thankfully, it all worked out fine and I could blend it afterwards. You know your own soupmaker, so choose the option that suits you.