I made this version with slightly sweeter tomatoes than I did previously, and added a little caster sugar which made the soup more palatable for my kids.
It came out better than I expected, but I would be tempted to leave out the basil at my next attempt – and make sure I strain it before serving.
The kids complained about the tiny pieces of tomato skin in the soup which I didn’t mind.
Cream of Tomato & Basil Soup Recipe 1.6 Litres
- 800 g Tomatoes I used Tesco Finest Sugardrop
- 150 g Fresh Cream
- 1 handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Caster Sugar Optional. Tailor to your own sweet tooth, or not
- Water Fill to Maximum In Soupmaker or up to 1600-1800g for all ingredients manually in a pot.
- Add all the ingredients to the pot.
- Set on smooth setting for 21 minutes.
- Pour and serve.