If you want a soup that is quite close to some top brands soups, then this is the one for you.
It’s a really easy way to make tomato soup without the fiddly steaming and peeling of tomatoes, or having to do extra work by straining the soup through a muslin cloth.
You could substitute fresh tomatoes for the tinned ones, and not lose any flavour or taste with the recipe. Make it how it suits you.
We add cream at the serving stage, which makes it a much more creamy soup. It is a thick soup, so if you like your soups watery, this isn’t for you.
Creamy Tomato Soup (Passata Recipe)
- 1 Litre Tomato Passata
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 400 g Tin Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 200 ml Whole Milk
- Add all the ingredients into your soup maker. If you plan to freeze some soup, leave the milk out of the batch, and add it in proportion when you reheat the soup to serve. Freezing soup with cream or milk in it, will cause it to separate or curdle on reheating.
- You will look for the smooth setting for this soup, as you want it as pureed as possible. If it isn't smooth enough for your taste, simply choose the smoothie setting on your soup maker if you have one, or use a stick blender to smooth it even more.
- Serve Immediately, with Croutons, or Why Not Try a Scone, For Something Different.
- Do not overfill your soup maker.