The haggis soup maker recipe is already cooked when you get it, so the cooking process is simply for the vegetables in this version. Haggis Neeps and Tatties Soup isn’t for everyone, but if you’re a haggis fan, give it a whirl with different spices and herbs. Remember, the haggis will already be spiced, so go easy when you’re adding. If you go overboard, just add a little cream or soft cheese to soften the taste.
Haggis Neeps and Tatties Soup 1.6 Litre
- 300 g Haggis Sliced and Diced
- 150 g Turnip Peeled and Diced
- 150 g Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 50 g Leek Sliced and Diced
- 50 g Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 800 ml Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute the onions and leek until the onions are soft. You could also add the ginger spice at this point, or leave it out entirely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your soup maker and stir very very well. You don't want the vegetables or the haggis sticking to the bottom of your soupmaker if you can help it.
- Choose your smooth setting for a creamy consistency.
- Serve with a dollop of mashed potatoes or a little cream.
- WARNING: This may stick to the bottom of some soupmakers. Know your own machine.