Leek and Potato Soup with a Touch of Christmas
- 500 g Potato chopped.
- 100 g Carrot chopped.
- 100 g Leek chopped.
- 2 Teaspoons Rapeseed Oil.
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube.
- Half Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon.
- Half Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg.
- 2 Tablespoons Light Soft Cheese - I used Philadelphia.
- Ground White Pepper & Salt to taste.
- 1 Lettuce Leaf Half Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon and a Teaspoon of Dukkah to serve.
- Chop your vegetables.
- Add rapeseed oil and chopped leek to your soupmaker on the saute setting or saute them separately in a pan. After a minute or two, add the vegetable stock cube, your cinnamon and nutmeg, carrots, salt and pepper and continue to stir as they soften.
- In another minute, add your potatoes and give it a good old stir, then add a little water and the soft cheese.
- Top up the water and stir until the soft cheese has melted into your mix, making your water a cloudy white colour.
- Ensure you top up with water, to below the maximum fill line and above the minimum.
- Ensure you have mixed well.
- Put the lid on properly.
- Choose the smooth setting.
- Serve with a chopped lettuce leave, a sprinkling of cinnamon and a pinch of Dukkah seeds.