Enjoy this pickled onion soup, as it’s great for those who like a bit of tang in their soup.
Pickled Onion and Celery Soup
- 150 g Small Pickled Onions Drained. Use Sweet Vinegar if possible, for a less tangy taste.
- 150 g Celery Chopped and Sliced
- 150 g Potatoes Cubed
- 150 g Carrots Sliced
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Lightly saute the pickled onions in some olive oil. The goal is to release the pickled onion taste, without the onions becoming brown or overcooked.
- Add all the ingredients into your soupmaker and choose the chunky setting.
- Serve chunky, or blend if you prefer your soup smooth, but the tangy oniony taste that you can get with the chunky version will fade into the other vegetables when they're pureed.