Enjoy this pickled onion soup, as it’s great for those who like a bit of tang in their soup.
Pickled Onion and Celery Soup
Author: Lesley Smith
Recipe type: Soup Maker
Serves: 4-6 Bowls
- 150g Small Pickled Onions (Drained. Use Sweet Vinegar if possible, for a less tangy taste.)
- 150g Celery (Chopped and Sliced)
- 150g Potatoes (Cubed)
- 150g Carrots (Sliced)
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- Lightly saute the pickled onions in some olive oil. The goal is to release the pickled onion taste, without the onions becoming brown or overcooked.
- Add all the ingredients into your soupmaker and choose the chunky setting.
- Serve chunky, or blend if you prefer your soup smooth, but the tangy oniony taste that you can get with the chunky version will fade into the other vegetables when they're pureed.